and conference/webinar Presenter
5 Minute “Ted Talk-like” presentation “Saving the Planet with your Fork”
that Mary gave at “Ignite Seattle”
Hi! I’m Mary Purdy, Integrative and Functional Eco-Dietitian.
Seeking a speaker for your health-related conference, symposium or webinar series? I have a wide range of experience with, and a true passion for public speaking and education. I’ve been adjunct faculty at Bastyr University since 2015, have spoken at national conferences, given over 100+ workshops, and was the 2019 Commencement Speaker for Bastyr University.
Additionally, before becoming a dietitian, I was a professional actor for 10 years in New York City in a career that included stand-up comedy.
Click here for upcoming and recent appearances at symposiums/conferences and online webinars in the past couple years.
The below is a list of ready-to -go offerings which I have given and can be given as professional presentations for those in the health profession for CEU’s. Others also available
- Food Systems and Climate Change: The Role of Integrative Practitioners
- Eating for the Planet: The Role of the RDN
- An Integrative and Functional Nutrition Approach to Thyroid Health
- Your Brain on Food: Nutrition for the Mind
- Addressing PMS with Diet & Lifestyle
- Integrative Nutrition Approaches to Hypertension
- A Crash Course in Integrative and Functional Medicine for Dietitians
- Getting Your Vitamin ZZZ’s: The Role of Sleep on Health
- Detoxification: Separating Fad from Fact
- The Art and Science of Mindful Eating Techniques
- Beyond Quinoa: Healthy Integrative Nutrition for all
- Trialing Therapeutic Diets: Paleo; GFCF, SCD
Past Conference Speaking Engagements
- Click here for upcoming and recent appearances/presentations
- Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Conference (2015 & 2017)
- The Austin Registered Dietitians Alliance Symposium(2018 & 2019)
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (2015 & 2017)
- Greater Seattle Dietetic Association (2014 & 2015)
- Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine Conference (2018 & 2019) and
Talk At Conference, Business, Or Community Organization
Need a talk for your business or community organization? I can offer those too as time permits.
- How and Why We Eat: The Food Mood Connection
- Squashing the 3pm Slump: Eating to Energize!
- Beyond Broccoli: Eating for Energy, Immunity and Wellbeing
- Beyond Mac n’ Cheese: Healthy Munchin’ for Kids
- Lose the Salt, Keep the Flavor: Sodium Alternatives
- Sweet Tooth Therapy: Managing Cravings & Finding Tasty Treats
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Making Sense of Food Sensitivities
- Beyond Oatmeal: Lowering Cholesterol Naturally
Past Community/Business Place Speaking Engagements
- Fred Hutchison Research Center
- Port of Seattle
- Snohomish County
- Seattle University
- Laird Norton
- Hope Heart Institute
- Snohomish County
- Evergreen Hospital
- Seattle Housing Authority
- CIFR Incorporated/CAMMS Shelters
- Wellspring Family Services
- Cornish College of the Arts
- Digipen University
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience: Private practice (8 yrs), Adjunct professor at Bastyr University, Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine
Here’s the skinny on my creds…
DO I NEED THIS AGAIN? CAN I JUST LINK TO MY “ABOUT PAGE”
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition (MS) from Bastyr University. I have 12+ years of professional nutrition experience: counseling 1-on-1, presenting at numerous national conferences, designing courses, speaking to groups, writing articles, and training other professionals. All this in clinics, at corporations, in colleges & universities, in a nutrition textbook, via online webinars, in magazines, on the radio, and on TV. I am also a foodie activist and have been a leader in the nutrition field, championing the role of the dietitian as well as connecting and networking with numerous individuals and organizations all in name of making this world healthier and more sustainable.
Currently, I am:
- Adjunct Faculty at Bastyr University, teaching in both the Nutrition and Naturopathic departments as well as the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine department. (Since 2015)
- On staff Dietitian for the Kris Carr Inner Circle Wellness Online community.
- Consultant and Active Committee Member with numerous organizations such as:
- Planetary Health Collective
- Global Meatless Mondays Platform
- Food and Climate Alliance
- Food Justice Project with the Community Alliance for Global Justice
- Health and Climate Crisis Committee at Bastyr University
- Past Chair of and current Board Member of Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine & Board Member of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition (practice groups of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with 5000+ members)
- Host of “The Nutrition Show” Podcast and Web series (formerly “Mary’s Nutrition Show”
- Faculty/Instructor at Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy, Dietitian Central and Catalyst
- Contributing author of Krause’s Food & The Nutrition Care Process
- Author of the Forthcoming Book “The Microbiome Reset Diet”
- Clinical Education Lead & Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale in Seattle (2015-2019)
- Private practice in Seattle, WA (Nourishing Balance), 8 years (2007-2015)
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health, (2010-2015)
- RDN at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2 years (2008-2010)
- Past Board Member and President of the Greater Seattle Dietetic Association. (2006-2011)
- Please see my Linked In Profile for more detailed information
What People Are Saying
Great show! I love the playful way you share this information!
Work With Mary
Let's connect and discuss how I can educate and inspire your audience or team to take steps to improve their personal health as well as the health of their community and the planet.
Close to 1/3 of greenhouse gases come from our food system! This presentation educates participants on how individual food choices and habits can affect our environment.
Mary is speaking at several events and online in 2019. We hope you will get a chance to hear her and say hello.
Seeking a speaker for your health-related conference, symposium or webinar series? Mary has a wide...